By Diane Jagels
Where do you love to grab your favorite book? Be it poetry, fiction, historical biography, or even your own personal journal to scribble in. Well, here are the Top 5 places readers love to curl up!
- Coffee shop out in town: Sit in a booth or find a snug corner table and read among the murmurings of coffee shop conversations. You can flit in and out of reality with the smell of rich drinks or drink some calming tea as you immerse yourself in a new book.
- Laze around the bookstore: To standing in the quiet whispering of books is peaceful for book lovers; or, find a large armchair among the shelves to call your own as you spend an afternoon in the quiet comfort of your neighborhood bookstore. This book filled paradise can be the lethargic push readers long for, to welcome their favorite novel.
- Favorite room in the house: Whether you prefer family or friends or the calm isolation of your room, any reader can find solace in the comfort of their own home. Lay between your bed pillows or stretched out on the long couch. You may want to find a familiar study or that favorite window seat and bask in the voices of your favorite characters. Home is where the heart is, and reading certainly brings you home.
- Outside on a spring day: You could lay on a blanket in the park and feel the sunlight on your face.This can be the perfect environment for book lovers. You can sit and people watch between chapters or simply listen to the sounds of the world and your community. You could choose your front porch to socialize or choose your backyard and sit among flowerbeds. Find a hammock swing and pull your feet up as you relax into the world of books underneath the shade of tree tops.
- Cozy cubby-hole: Surround yourself with large pillows and stacks of books and make a nest out of bedding. String up some lights and make your own favorite cubby-hole to curl into. This gives any book lover a relaxing and comfy spot to curl into their favorite book. Feel the cushions around you on the window seat or find a cave under the stairs. Sink into that armchair made specifically for you and fall in love with your favorite book again.
Read for enjoyment and never forget to set aside time to rummage through your bookshelves for those worn paperbacks, or beloved hard covers, and take a trip into a different world.